homemade protein bars
Last week on my Facebook page, I shared that I made these delicious homemade protein bars, and SOOO many people have reached out for the recipe! Since sharing is caring, I wanted to give it all to you!
Why I love these so much:
All natural, organic ingredients
NO Baking involved
They taste like dessert, but are actually GOOD for you!
Check out the recipe below!
4 cups oatmeal (you can more or less depending on how firm you want the bars to be)
200g whey protein (I use Orgain Sweet Vanilla - LINK BELOW!!)
1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 Tbsp. raw coconut oil
2 Tbsp. 100% cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. raw honey
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together (except for the chocolate) in a big bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds.
3. Mix the wet and the dry ingredients together. (If you can’t get all the ingredients to mix together after awhile, add in some more honey and peanut butter)
4. Lay down some wax paper in a casserole dish and drop the "dough" into it.
5. Mix the ingredients for the frosting together (I had to melt the coconut oil in the microwave before mixing) and coat on the bars
6. Sprinkle the coconut flakes onto the melted chocolate and press them in if you need to so they don't fall off.
7. Put in refrigerator for 1-2 hours until they are firm
8. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Makes 16 bars
The cool thing about this recipe is it is versatile! You can substitute the almonds/cherries for your favorite nut/seed and dried fruit. Let me know if you try different variations, so I can make them too! :)