I have come to conclusion that I "meal prep" more to satisfy my sweet tooth than I do for actual meals! This is yet another one of my favorite go to recipes when I need my chocolate fix.
Full of raw, natural ingredients, these brownie bites are sure to satisfy!
- 1 cup raw seeds or nuts of choice (I use 1/2 c. sunflower seeds and 1/2 c. pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp water
- shredded coconut (optional for coating)
- Place seeds/nuts in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- Pulse in cacao, vanilla, and salt.
- Add in the chopped dates and water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together nicely.
- Process until all ingredients are distributed evenly (you may need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides and separate the dough if it forms a ball).
- Roll pieces of the dough into small, tablespoon-sized balls.
- Optional: roll brownie bites in shredded coconut, or any other toppings of choice.
- Place your energy bites in a container in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes, then serve!
- You may store these energy bites in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 2 months!
- I enjoy these brownie bites paired with a Raw Cookie Dough Bite ;)
This recipe is adapted from Create Nourish Love